Our Aims & Objectives
- To work in conjunction with the organising body in the County of Nottinghamshire and City of Nottingham on behalf of Basketball England.
- To promote and encourage the game of basketball within Nottinghamshire to the whole community.
- To encourage all clubs within the Nottinghamshire Basketball Association to work towards the Basketball England Club Accreditation Scheme which embodies all the policies of Basketball England related to child protection, equity, safety and fairness.
- To provide our services in a way that is equitable to all of our members.
- To organise, offer support with funding, and run Boy's, Girl's, Men's & Women's county squads at various age groups to compete in regional and other appropriate competitions.
- Ensure there are opportunities for individuals to become qualified and further qualified in coaching, refereeing and officiating as well as sufficient opportunities to gain practical experience in these areas.
Nottinghamshire Basketball Association
The Nottinghamshire Basketball Association aims to facilitate and promote Basketball opportunities for the people of Nottinghamshire.
Working with local clubs, local authorities, Sport Nottinghamshire, individual Coaches, Referees & Table Officials, the Nottinghamshire Basketball Association endeavours to support the development of clubs as well as individuals in their chosen basketball path.
A group of Nottinghamshire based volunteers, The Nottinghamshire Basketball Association is a diverse group of people with a wealth of experience in the game. Roles of individuals involved in the committee include; Club Chair Persons, Club Secretaries, Club Coaches, Referees & Table Officials and League Organisers & Representatives.
The Nottinghamshire Basketball Association meet at the Nottingham Wildcats Arena (Greenwood Road, Bakersfield, NG3 7EB) on a bi-monthly basis.
Want to get involved?
Whether you are a club or individual, we are always keen to hear from new volunteers.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information