Volunteers are essential to every club, read the guidance on the Sport Nottinghamshire website about the best ways to recruit volunteers, how to train them and how to keep them. Plus lots more.
There are many ways in which you can become involved in sports volunteering and many opportunies within basketball. A few example include;
- Club Coaching - From apprentice through to Level 4 Coaching, there is a coaching role out there to suit everyone.
- Club Administration - Help a club to gain Clubmark status, develop their social media presence or help towards seeking funding for a new project
- Officating - Every game played from school level and above requires officials, why not become a Referee or Table Official to help your local school, club or league
- Run your own
- Organise open runs & scrimmage sessions for people in your local community
For further information visit Basketball England.
- Increase in confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Improve organisational and work skills
- Enhances employability and is admirable on a CV
- Improve your career options
- Gain experience in different roles
- Develop transferable skills and knowledge
- Provides new challenges
- Volunteering can show health benefits